- It’s a 270-year old antique building! It’s a brothel! Monument or Disgrace?
- Neolithic astronomy: Big Dipper in ancient stone.
- Paper Production Pushed Previous: Linen paper scraps from B.C.E. revise chronology
- Judaism boom [subscription required, but you can read a bit here]
- Xia dynasty workshop (c. 2100-1600 bce) in recently discovered imperial city.
- Nanjing massacre deniers hit with defamation lawsuit in China. Being a Chinese lawsuit, it has no legal force in Japan as such, but it does raise interesting issues about liability when working with oral history and living testimony. [via] In other Nanjing massacre news, plans to make a movie about the atrocity. [via] They’re calling it a Chinese equivalent to “Schindler’s list”: They could make a thoroughly parallel film by focusing on John Rabe…. The plan is to debut next year on the 70th anniversary.
- Speaking of anniversaries, Cultural Revolution anniversary: 40 years ago, this month….
From other sources:
Comments Off on Miscellany